Clear the way for Productivity
Making a mountain out of a mole hill is common affliction for many suffering from a messy workspace, a cluttered desk or a huge pile of unidentifable stuff, mounting higher and higher every day. Common excuses I hear for the mess, the clutter, and oh the horrors of ever growing clutter are a few such as:
- I am so busy
- I am rarely at my desk
- That is just a catch all
- Junk Drawer/desk/landing
- It was there when I got here/If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
- Its functional
A messy, cluttered, or “dump site” of a workstation can be overwhelming as well as being asethetically unappealing (espeically to customers/clients whom seen it as a weakness and/or as an issues–with the mindset of “if they can’t keep their space straight, how do they manage to keep clients, deadlines, projects, etc straight? Will they loose components of my project? How can they find anything0? Will this projeet get treated the same way and shuffeled amaongst the chaos?)
First impressions go a long way, not only for the client/customer but also for the employees, staffing, and for one’s own personal morale. Even if accustomed to a messy space, a new habit can be incorporated. Does it have to be grande? No nor does it have to be expensive or costly to make the conversion–although a bit of effort and “re training” is required.
Tips for re-structuring a messy desk, work station, office, or room are easily done–making the habit takes more practice!
- Clear the way for Productivity (elephantswind.wordpress.com)
- Is Your Desk Destroying Your Productivity? (openforum.com)
- Things I’ve Quit Doing at My Desk (lifehacker.com)
- 10 Simple Steps to Conquering Your Messy Desk (lifehack.org)
- Minimising distractions – 10 top tips (simplybusiness.co.uk)
- Workstation desks that don’t wobble?! (gearslutz.com)
- Things I’ve quit doing at my desk (justinjackson.ca)
- 5 Steps to a Clean & Tidy Desk (apartmenttherapy.com)
- ADAPTable – the sliding tile puzzle of workstations (gizmag.com)
- How Can I Make The Most of My Meager Desk Space? [Ask Lifehacker] (lifehacker.com)
Posted on September 23, 2012, in Eco-Chic, Inspired Design, Recycle for Art and Design, Trends and tagged Advertisements, Advertising, America, Anna Potthoff, Arts, Beauty, Brand, Business, Christmas, Copy writer for hire, Customized, Design, Design Inspiration, Design Trends, designer for hire, DIY, Eco-Chic, Elephants Wind, famous quotes, Fashion, Graphic Design, Graphic Design for a budget, graphic design quotes, i need a job, www.mofiamedia.com. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.